Saturday, May 26, 2012

Giraffe Coffee Break

In the middle of a deserted landscape in Namibia, there was this very small pond of water...These Giraffe were huddled around the pond getting into position for a drink. I guess it is no easy task to drink...they must have one hell of a pump to get that water up those long necks to their bodies...

Speaking of coffee, I had the pleasure of meeting Stuart Taylor of Highlander Images yesterday in Jakarta. Stuart has been following my blog for a couple of years, and we follow each other on Google+. Very cool to meet in person. We had a long talk about photography, blogging, Google+, software, HDR, and other fun topics. We may even team up for some fun photo excursions in the future. He is a long time resident of Asia like myself, and we think we would make great guides for photo excursions around Asia. Stay tuned...


2 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Photo excursions around Asia? My husband would love it. I'm not sure I could keep up, however.
Love the giraffe shots, Scotty. I see they all have slightly different drinking styles.
K

HighlanderImages said...

Thanks for the mention Scotty and yes it was good to meet up with you in Jakarta. I am off on my European vacation tomorrow - camera already packed! - so when I get back mid June we need to crystalize our thoughts and plans for the Asian Photo Expeditions. Till then ... happy shooting.