Friday, May 18, 2012

Elephant Crossing

I was cleaning my office yesterday. I have three generations of Macs sitting my office. I have the old G4 Machine that has been sitting neglected in the corner of my office, and then an old iMac sitting on my desk with my new iMac. I had not turned on my old G4 in years, but decided to turn it on, and see what was there. To my delight, all of my Africa photos were there, so I started to browse those old photos...most of them un-edited. I have now copied all of those files over to my new machine, and backed them up onto some external hard drives.

In any case, I am going to post for the next week or so some of those photos from Africa which were taken on my old Nikon D2H and the Nikon D70....top-of-the line cameras at the time. The D2H was only a 4MP camera...compare that with the D800 today...36MP...and the D2H was a 4-thousand dollar camera!! Unreal how things change...

Onto the Photo...


So, this photo was taken at our first reserve we visited in Botswana...Cobe. We were in a small boat cruising down the river, when this herd of Elephants started to cross. They came very close to our boat...a pretty uneasy feeling having these HUGE animals coming towards you only a few meters away...that didn't stop me from firing away with my camera, though...




No comments: