Thursday, August 12, 2010

Too Many Tourists

Funny. I posted this photo in the forums over at NAPP, and was talking about all the tourists inside the Pantheon. There were so many people inside, I had to point my camera straight up to get any kind of photo without people in it. Just goes to show that there are always interesting angles and light to shoot...ya just gotta look around. My tourists comment on the forum sparked some really funny replies...

Anyway, I liked the light in this photo. I wonder what they do when it rains...that hole at the top of the dome is BIG!!

3 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

Oh, yes! This is a wonderful shot...always look up. I must remember that.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... That IS a good question: What do they do when it rains? Surely, they have some kind of covering or something....

Paz

Dot said...

I visited the Pantheon a few years back...one of my favorite places in Rome. What do they do when it rains? I asked the same when we were there. The answer...nothing. The floor isn't level...it slopes and there are corresponding drains throughout the floor.
I found it most facinating how that one skylight could light up the entire building so well...amazing. Beautiful photo!