Sunday, August 22, 2010

Third Annual Jakarta Photowalk

It poured rain almost all day yesterday...I had a feeling it might be another day of bad weather today, but was really happy to see nice blue skies this morning for our third annual Photowalk in Jakarta. There were almost 60 of us wandering around the docks and kampung (village) taking photos...a great day that ended with "brunch" at Cafe Batavia!!

The best part of the day for me was handing out photos. Last night, I printed about 30 photos that I had taken on previous walks up to two years ago. Today, I went to search for the people I had taken photos of, to give them a copy of their photo. The reaction was priceless...it was like I was handing out gold or something...amazing the power of a simple photograph...it really made their day, and they were so thankful...that made my day too!!

2 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

What a great group shot! I would love to be among them...must have been an amazing time!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea to return with photos for others. Yes, I can see them being excited and happy to receive it.

Nice portrait shot, here.

Paz