Monday, July 26, 2010

Back From Italy...Thanks For Waiting !!

A GREAT trip, indeed...

Tika and I spent two weeks touring Rome, Florence, Siena, Cirque Terre and Venice. Rome and Venice were super crowded and hotter than Indonesia, but other than that, we had a fantastic trip, and I of course took tons of photos that I just started to edit today. I also started a diet...eating Italian ice cream and pasta every day doesn't really enhance the mid section...ha!!

Of course, this is the Colloseum...during the day, it was so crowded and so hot, I could not position myself anywhere to get a shot without three million other tourists in the photo...the solution? Wait till late at night. The sun did not set until after 9:00 pm, so after a long day of walking in the heat all over Rome, I ventured back after dinner to get this shot...Tika was not happy....her feet were hurting, and she was tired, but I just HAD to get this shot..it is rough traveling with a fanatic photographer, and she was a great trooper only complaining a few times while I set up my tripod and moved around at every conceivable angle to get my needed shots...

We missed our daughters, so two weeks was enough time away for our second honeymoon...great to be back home!!

2 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

Oh, the lighting on this is awesome. You HDR is beautiful. I visited Rome so many years ago. I would love to get back to Italy. I remember SO many cats in the colloseum...hundreds of cats. I wonder if the place is still a home for a huge cat population? There was a water shortage when I was there (in August). We could barely brush our teeth much less shower AND we were in decent hotel...I loved Rome but sure felt grubby.

Luuuuuua said...

superbe cadre,bravo