Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Something Different

So here's something a little different. Take a couple of your favorite portraits, add some textures to it, change the blend modes, mask out parts you don't like, and experiment to create a new and different art. Here are a couple I did, and I think the results are kinda cool. I am thinking of making large prints of these (and a couple more), and selling them. They are more "art" than photography, and people like to hang "art" on their walls...

You might not like what I have done with these, but I think they are cool and different...it was sure fun making them!

I am off to Singapore tomorrow to get a new present for myself. I made the decision. I am getting the Leica M9 and a couple of lenses. It was not an easy decision as I had to sell most all of my Nikon equipment in order to afford the purchase. I have done it though, so there is no turning back now...I will let you know how the new system works for me in future posts...and I look forward to posting new photos taken with the Leica!!


3 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

I do like these! I think it is fun to create unique versions from an original photograph. I have a long way to go before I can do something like this though. Have fun on your "serious" shopping spree in Singapore! Enjoy the new camera and lenses!

Anonymous said...

cool! congrats on your camera decision.

paz

Tom said...

I honestly think these are well worth making into posters and such..... absolutely fantastic stuff Scotty .. and very creative.