Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Wall Near Katz's Deli

I had read on Scott Kelby's blog that he highly recommended Katz Deli for lunch. So, we got in a taxi to the lower east side and found Katz's Deli. It was REALLY crowded. Since we had Kelly (my youngest daughter) with us, we had the stroller, so it was difficult to get inside with the place packed to the hilt. The door man asked, "Do you REALLY want to come in?" But after the expensive taxi fare, we were not about to turn around...besides, we were hungry. Luckily, at just the right moment, a Korean couple sitting at a table in front of where we were standing got up, and we launched ourselves into those seats before others could react. I then pushed my way to the counter to order our food. The hassle was well worth it....I had the best Reuben sandwich I have ever had, and I am picky with my Reubens...The bottom photo is inside the deli....crowded, right?

Anyway, just across the street from Katz Deli, I saw this wall...I couldn't resist taking a photo...


This is the scene at Katz Deli...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup! THAT'S crowded. What an adventure getting there and trying to get seated. I'm glad your sandwich was worth it. ;-)

Paz

Ivar Østtun said...

OMG, I hope they have aircondition :-)