Thursday, August 06, 2009

My House The Movie Set

You all have seen photos of my house before on this blog. Last year, we booked our house sometimes three times a week for the filming of a Soap Opera. The Soap filmed their last episode in May. They make a huge mess of the house moving furniture around, putting their own artwork on the walls, cables and lights everywhere, and trash all over the place. BUT, when they finish filming at around 1:00 in the morning, they have these magicians sweep through the house putting things back in its place and cleaning the mess. Well, we haven't had a film crew in the house since we were in Hong Kong Last month until last night. Here is a quick photo from the upstairs balcony of the chaos below...BTW, it is a 5-exposure HDR processed in Photomatix as well as CS4...

Many people ask me..." how do you sleep when they are filming?" Well, the rules are: No filming in our bedroom or Kayla's bedroom after 8:00pm, and they must be quiet after 8:00pm, and out of the house no later than 1:00 am...they are pretty good about sticking to the rules, but one night they filmed a fight scene until late at night...that was noisy, and I kept thinking we were getting robbed...

6 comments:

Eve said...

That is so exciting - it seems like it could be worth the disturbance (since it is temporary). What a fun experience it must be to see your home on the TV!
It's a gorgeous room - I can certainly understand why they would wish to use it, but how did it come about?

Anonymous said...

What's the name of the soap opera? Is it a local soap opera? Who's in it?

Paz

Scotty Graham said...

Eve...it all came about by accident. Some location managers got lost and stumbled onto our house.

Country Girl...thanks, but why am I cool? Ha ha...

Paz...yes, a local soap called Cinta Indah staring Sandra Dewi.

Anonymous said...

That has to be hard to deal with, but cool shot - I still can't get HDR shots to come out right & I've been using Photomatix, too - I just don't know what I'm doing. hehehe

Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Scotty. I've never seen an Indonesian soap before. I just saw a little on You Tube. I looked up the actress, too. Cool!

Paz

Unknown said...

Hi Scotty,
I just wanted to ask you a quick question about your HDR technique: i have tried to use it with moving people or objects and got nowhere...how did you do, in this pic, to have such crisp people? I am sure they were moving, but there is no blur here...
Do you clean it in PS?
Thanks!
Fabrizio