Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wreck and Reef

I have been posting photos all week from my trip to Bali over the Christmas/New Year holiday...

To be honest, I only took a few photos....some of Tanah Lot near the hotel I stayed at, and some underwater photos from the Northeast Coast. Usually, I take hundreds of photos on vacation, but I have a pretty lame excuse for only taking a few photos this vacation...

I left my camera batteries on my bedroom floor still attached to the battery chargers!!

Yes, I am an idiot!! The night before we left for Bali, I charged two batteries for my D300 and two batteries for my D70, which I use underwater. I remember thinking to myself, "don't forget your batteries in the morning". I got up the next morning, got dressed, grabbed my luggage, and headed out the door with Tika and Kayla. When I got to the waiting lounge at the airport, I pulled out my camera to take a photo of my daughter...then it hit me...CRAP...my batteries!!

Luckily, a friend of mine that arrived in Bali a couple of days later had an extra battery for his D200 which uses the same battery as my D300, so I borrowed his battery for a couple of days. Then another friend was already in Bali, and shoots with a D70...he had an extra battery for me to use for my one-day dive trip.

Not sure what the chances are of having two friends in Bali with the exact two batteries I needed...A BIG thanks goes to my friends, and a lesson learned for me!!

Anyway, the photo below is another one from the Liberty wreck. An amazing reef growing on the wreck...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a spectacular variety of colors, Simply gorgeous Scotty.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors. You were pretty lucky about those batteries. I can't count the number of times I've forgotten to charge the batteries but I was able to at least buy some when out. Guess you can't do that at sea. :-)