Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad

My Dad turns the big "Seven-O" today, and is still as active as a 20-year old...maybe not with the same flexibility as a 20-year old, but can certainly challenge one with a game of golf. He just recently came in 2nd place at the Senior's Championship in Virginia Beach almost defending his title...if it weren't for a long chip-in at the last hole by his closest opponent, he would have taken the title again...

He regularly kicks my butt in golf, and will be returning to Indonesia for some more this Christmas. I can't wait to get beat again...

I am proud of my Dad, and love him very much....have a great birthday!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very nice tribute to your father. I am sure he will enjoy it too.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your dad!

Paz

kjpweb said...

Nice portrait - and a heck of a father (and to have).
Congrats to him!
Cheers, Klaus

Unknown said...

Nice post, brought out a smile. Best wishes to your father from all of us too

Fish Whisperer said...

Right on for your dad. My wifes poppa is 92 and still going strong. I love to see older people out doing things and staying young.
Cheers to your dad.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Happy birthday to your dad! I lost my dad a while back so I get a heart felt smile when I see someone who is enjoying their father. By best to you and your dad. :-)