Sunday, August 03, 2008

Hornbill

This past week, I have been going through some old photos I took...I can't believe I overlooked this one of a Hornbill. I took this photo while playing golf in Papua. On just about every other hole, a pair of these Hornbill (I believe they mate for life) would fly over us from tree to tree. Each time, I would grab my camera and try to get a shot until I finally got this one...I think I overlooked this photo the first time because my round of golf that day was terrible...

6 comments:

Whitney said...

Amazing picture...I have never seen a hornbill before..it is a very interesting looking bird!

Kay said...

Wow! This is such an amazing photo. Gorgeous bird!

Pappy said...

Kind of homely bird, but a great photo. Pappy

kjpweb said...

That fellow looks pretty spitefull! ;)
Great shot!
Cheers, Klaus

Stacey Olson said...

Great picture Scotty.. I think it is always fun to go back through the pictures (about a year later at least) and see how our taste changes on what we find as a good photos.. this is wonderful though..

Tom said...

Excellent capture.. they are strange looking.