Friday, March 21, 2008

ISKL Invitational Golf

It was a great weekend of golf in Kuala Lumpur. The weather today was perfect, and we got an early morning start (got to the course when it was still dark). The course was spectacular to say the least, and the tournament was very well run and organized by our hosts, ISKL.

Here is the JIS team...


Here is our group...from left to right are Will (JIS), Mark (ISM), me, and Bob (ISB). We had a great time. Bob Connor, from Bangkok, was the only one of us that played well, but he did manage to pass on some pointers to us that helped our game. Thanks, Bob.


That's me hitting a pretty decent drive after trying one of Bob's teaching tips...


...Dad, this one is for you...

There are King Cobras on this course (and I am not talking about the clubs). Luckily, we didn't run into one, but I am sure they were lurking in the bushes...gotta be careful when hunting for a lost ball...

That is Scott Muir, who organized the tournament. He also took the photos above. ISKL was a wonderful host, and the golf and the tournament as a whole was just great.

At night, we cruised downtown for our team dinner. I sure wish I had brought my tri-pod, as the Petronas Towers were just amazing. There was a real low cloud cover, and the lights from the towers shined on the clouds above...it really was spectacular, but I couldn't get any photos as it was too dark to hand hold my camera....oh well, next time.

No comments: