Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday Update


These photos have nothing to do with my blog entry...I just thought they were pretty cute photos of Kayla playing with her blocks.

So, what's goin' on out here?? Well, not much...just a couple of things happening...

First, did you hear about the 7.9 quake yesterday? We heard on the news that there was a big quake at around 6:00 last night, but I never felt a thing. Apparently there were tsunami's in Sumatra, and I heard they had some in Africa as well. There have been reports of other quakes since then as well....in fact, I just saw on TV a few minutes ago, that another 6 point something just occurred in the ocean, and tsunami warnings were posted. Pretty wild....just glad we don't really get them here in Jakarta.

Ramadan started today. The best thing about Ramadan starting is that the morning traffic is such a breeze. I left with Kayla this morning from the house at 6:45, and was at school in less than 10 minutes...no traffic. It usually takes me over a half an hour at that time of morning...gotta love no traffic.

I can't believe it is going to happen, but on Monday, the school will host a mini Mac show. The new iMacs will be available at an educator's discount, and with any order, a new ipod will be given away for free. It will be VERY difficult to resist buying the new iMac especially since the school will grant an interest free loan for new technology purchases.

I will try to get to the house this weekend and give you an update on the house. I haven't been there since last week. I am sure the roof is finished by now...can't wait to see what else is new there.

No comments: