Saturday, June 02, 2007

End-of-Year Party


JIS had their end-of-the year party last night. Usually, the party is held off campus in a nice hotel, but the past few years, we have had the party at JIS. The new gym is converted into a dance hall. You would never believe it was the gym. The setting was fantastic. The food was catered by the Hyatt, and my friend Chris McCarthy's band played some great music. It was a good time, and Tika always loves to go...

Earlier today, we had our JIS Golfer-of-the-Year tournament. I have won the event the past two years, but not so this year. Tom Schulz shot two rounds of 67 (net) to win the tournament. He won the tournament about four years ago, so he and I are the only two-time champions. It was a good day, but I didn't play too well. I had two terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad holes which resulted in a 98 for the day. The two holes were my second and third played....a par four and a par three. I somehow managed 18 shots for the two holes. The rest of the holes I either parred or bogied, so I didn't play that badly. Actually, I am hitting the ball well....just need to watch where the ball lands when I am hitting it well...ouch. Hopefully, I am ready to compete with Dad who seems to be regularly shooting in the seventies....I don't think I will be much competition for him.

No comments: