Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Day in Traffic

I had every intention of starting today early. Well, early by vacation standards....maybe start at 8:00 ?? Well, we woke up to rain, so that just told me I needed to stay in bed longer.....so we did, and we finally got our lazy bones out of bed at around 10:00.

Now in a normal country, if you had to do a few things at work, and then drive about 20 miles to pick up your mail, it would probably take at most a couple of hours. Well, not in Jakarta!!.....I left for school at about 10:30 to do a just a few things, and then I had to drive to the embassy to pick up my mail. I got home at about 4:30 in the afternoon having accomplished hardly anything other than picking up my mail....man, I must have spent 4 hours in traffic to travel 20 miles and back....unreal.....I wonder how much of my life I have spent in a car on Indonesian roads?? Don't answer that question....it would be scary.

No comments: