Friday, August 04, 2006

Back From Singapore


Just got back last night. I guess good news comes in packages of two. First good news from Uncle Dave, and now good news from me. My colon looks as good as it has ever looked. The drugs are working well. The inflamation is way down, no ulcers, and no cancer or pre-cancerous cells. Dr. Yang said it looked pretty normal, and he was pleased. I don't have to go back to see him for another year. Yes!!

It was nice to be in Singapore for a couple of days. It is such a nice city to hang out in for a few days...everything works like a clock there....so easy. I went to my usual places....the MAC store, Border's Books, and several camera shops (to just browse). I also gorged myself with Kenny Roger's Chicken...I love that place. They used to have one in Jakarta, but it mysteriously closed one day, and I never saw it again.

I had a computer in my hotel room hooked up to the internet, but it was expensive to use, so I didn't do any updates to the blog....I didn't have any pictures anyway, and I only like to make a posting if I can add a photo.

School starts on Monday. Yuck. However, I need the money.

House news: we had three contractors bidding on our project. One of them was rediculously high, so they were canned. We are now down to two. One of them made a another bid, and it was 500 million (Rupiah) less than his first bid. The engineer working with our architect has re-designed the foundation and roof to make it less expensive to build. We are now waiting for new bids based on the new design. Burhan says that 43% of our cost is the foundation and first floor. Hopefully, with the new design, the bids will come in much closer to what we can afford. So, still waiting.

No comments: